Eartha Jean Johnson, Esq., is President and CEO of LegalWATCH, an award-winning Corporate Liability Training and Professional Staffing Company that specializes in training corporate executives, managers and front-line employees on strategies to avoid lawsuits, regulatory compliance sanctions and negative press. Eartha formed LegalWATCH in 1997 after practicing law for a Fortune 100 company, and working for the United States Department of Justice and an international law firm. She has conducted numerous training courses; spearheaded governmental audits; designed compliance programs; and negotiated settlements with third parties and governmental regulators across the United States.
Jean uses the knowledge and expertise she acquired practicing law to train corporate executives on how to protect themselves from liability and avoid mistakes that can often result in settlements, regulatory compliance sanctions or litigation. LegalWATCH offers a vast array of corporate liability training classes, all focused on risk and lawsuit avoidance. Our classes include, among others, Risk Mitigation, Contracts and Procurement; Gender and Cultural Sensitivity; Sexual Harassment; and Interviewing Techniques. The training is highly interactive. We incorporate adult learning principles, which help employees grasp, apply and retain the information presented. Each of our classes is tailored to our client’s specific needs.
In addition to her Juris Doctorate Degree, she holds a Masters Degree in Energy, Environmental and Natural Resource Law, a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration and an Associate Degree in Criminal Justice. Eartha is certified in Training and Development and is a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
- Board Member – WIPP (“Women Impacting Public Policy”)
- Board Member – NISH (“National Institute for the Severely Disabled”)
- Chair/Vice Chair of the Women’s Lawyers Division of the National Bar Association (8 -year term)
- National Women’s Business Council, a bi-partisan Federal government council that advises the President, Congress and the U.S. Small Business Administration on economic issues important to women
- Forum of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- Members – The Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance of Texas and Houston Minority Business Council.
- Past President of the Houston Lawyers Association
- Past Chair of the African American Law Section of the State Bar of Texas.