The objective of LegalWATCH’s Interviewing Practices and Techniques course is to train key personnel on sensitivities associated with the interviewing process and to provide techniques for interviewer to gather pertinent information to hire the most qualified candidate without exposing the company or interviewer to legal liability.
The Interviewing Practices and Techniques course is divided into the following four modules:
- Module 1: Understanding Sensitivities Associated With the Interviewing Process. We begin this module with a discussion on legal sensitivities and long term implications associated with the interviewing process. As part of this module, we discuss provisions of various employment laws such as ADA, PDA and Title VII that directly impact how a company must prepare for and conduct interviews.
- Module 2: The Importance of Having an Updated Job Description. We discuss the necessity of having and using an updated job description to prepare for and guide the interviewing process. Included in this discussion is how to ask questions to obtain the desired information.
- Module 3: The Forbidden Fruit of Interviewing. We detail common types of information that cannot be asked during the interviewing process and areas of discussion that interviewers cannot engage in even if the interviewee invites and welcome the discussion.
- Module 4: Preparing For and Conducting an Interview. We conclude by preparing for and practicing mock interviews.
- Participants will learn how to prepare for and conduct job interviews in a manner that will help them identify the most qualified candidates to fill job vacancies and without exposing the company to unwarranted liability.
How this course helps companies?
Want more information about this course? SIGN UP HERE
What Customers Say – Testimonials
After attending many presentations on the subject of Legal Avoidance Training by highly qualified individuals, I can truly say that the LegalWATCH style of presenting and training was the best. From Officers of the company to line management, everyone who has attended classes have walked away with a greater appreciation for being better professionals in all that they do and have actually made changes to correct many of their bad habits.